Introduction to Revital
Organic Fertilisers that are
EFFECTIVE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY and ECONOMICAL
Sustainable farming has often been looked upon as both costly and impractical. With support and advice from your local REVITAL® team plus a specialised range of environmentally sustainable organic based products, you can:-
- Enhance soil fertility and health
- Boost specific trace elements
- Minimise environmental impacts of intensive agriculture and horticulture
- Suppress weeds and plant diseases
- Maintain your organic status with Certified Organic fertilisers
- Revital products have been proven to not only maintain current productivity but also increase agricultural / horticultural yields at no extra cost
REVITAL® Fertilisers have a range of products which are blended to restore your soil balance. This balance may have been affected by seasonal demand, crop type or chemical use. Traditional farming methods have developed around the additonal of inorganic chemical additives to enhance productivity, it is now recognised that some of these traditional methods have a major effect on the environment and the ongoing sustainability of intensive agriculture and horticulture.
Revital has developed a product line which is based around sustainable organic fertilisers which not only maintain productivity but enhance it at no extra cost to the farmer or grower than "traditional methods". Revital fertilisers are based on either vermicast and/ or compost blends.
Vermicast is naturally produced by earthworms. Earthworms' role in nature is to breakdown organic and mineral matter in the soil releasing the nutrients stored within them for plant use. Vermicast also enhances soil microbial activity. Soil microbes are responsible for natural nutrient cycling within the soil. Plants grown using vermicast based fertilisers have been shown scientifically to have higher nutrient and sugar levels. This means better quality crops and pastures. Read more about the research into Vermicast and other Revital Fertilisers.
Major components of Revital Fertiliser include one, some or many of the following:
- Chicken manure
- Reactive Rock Phosphate
- Fish fertiliser
- Trace elements
Produced by microbial & earthworm activity, REVITAL® Vermicast is a biologically active, humus based organic fertiliser and is the basis of most of our range of REVITAL® solid and liquid products.
REVITAL® Vermicast contributes to your soil fertility by improving the physical, chemical & biological properties of the soil through
- Improving soil structure, water holding capacity, aeration, colour & texture
- Increasing availability of soil minerals for plant growth
- Improving the buffering capacity of the soil
- Providing an energy source for beneficial soil micro organisms
- All nutrients supplied by Revital vermicast are plant available
- Reduces the leaching of certain essential nutrients (Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium )